Treebird Farm exclusively serves Treebird Farm Club Members. By creating an account, you are joining our Farm Club Member Association and agree to the Following:
1) To grow a resilient, local food system by supporting small family farms and businesses (like ours) whenever possible and to free ourselves and the planet from the globalized, chemical intensive, destructive food system one meal at a time.
2) To exercise our constitutional rights as individuals to make free choices about what foods we consume and support farming and food preperation practices that we know to be safe and wholesome. We believe that the 1st and 14th amendments to the United State Constitution allow us, among other things, “Freedom of Association” and thus protects our rights to gather, share, and trade directly amongst Farm Club Association Members.
3)To reduce waste by harvesting only what we need. By sharing in the harvest with all Farm Club members, each member is better able to get small shares of each animal that are most usable in our home kitchens.
4) To purchase custom shares of live animals and agree that these animals will be harvested exclusively for personal consumption in a facility that is not inspected by the federal government.
5) To educate ourselves and be engaged in our own lives about food systems, food safety, and home cookery. By understanding best practices and working on a small home scale, we insure that each animal is handled with care and harvested and processed in a clean and wholesome environment. By supporting small scale food production, we are ensuring healthy food for our families. We invite all farm club members to visit the farm and are open about our practices so that every member can make an informed decision about our food.
6) I understand that the fellow members of the Farm Club Association that provide products and services, do so in the capacity of a fellow member and not in the capacity as a licensed wholesaler, retailer or provider. I further understand that within the association no wholesaler/retailer-customer relationship exists but only a contract member-member Association relationship. In addition, I have freely chosen to change my legal status as a public consumer/customer to a private member of the Farm Club Association. I further understand that it is entirely my own responsibility to consider the recommendations and products offered to me by my fellow members and to educate myself as to the efficacy, risks, and desirability of same and the acceptance of the offered or recommended products and is my own carefully considered decision. Any request by me to a fellow member to assist me or provide me with the aforementioned recommendations or products is my own free decision in an exercise of my rights and made by me for the benefit, and I agree to hold the Trustee(s), staff and other worker members and the Association harmless from any unintentional liability for the results of such recommendations and products, except for harm that results from instances of a clear and present danger of substantive evil as determined by the Farm Club Association, as stated and defined by the United States Supreme Court.
Thank you and please contact us if you have any questions.